SAVE MONEY WITH EASY GREEN HOME IMPROVEMENTS
The energy choices you make are important. Your decisions affect the environment, how comfortable you are in your home, and how much money you save on your energy bills. Being energy efficient does not have to be expensive or inconvenient. It means making better and informed choices when purchasing items for your home. Simple items like light bulbs and dimmer switches can make a big difference. Estimates show that if every household replaced three 60-watt incandescent bulbs with CFL bulbs, the pollution savings is equivalent to taking 3.5 million cars off the road! When purchasing bigger items like TV’s or appliances, always look for Energy Star equipment for the best energy efficiency.
COMPACT FLUORESCENT BULBS
- Lighting accounts for approximately 10% of your energy bill
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs last 10 times longer than a regular bulb
- Save up to $5.00 in energy costs per year, per CF bulb.
- Decorative and fun because they come in colors and now rival the warm light of traditional bulbs
LIGHT SWITCH DIMMERS
- Can save 15% more energy than standard light switches
- Can extend life of a light bulb by more than four times
MOTION SENSOR SWITCHES
- Turns lights off in a room when no motion is detected after a set period of time
- Outdoor lighting motion sensors increase security and safety
LCD TV INSTALLATION
- Looking for a new TV, look at both purchase price and cost to use
- Smaller sets will always be more efficient to use
- Look for an Energy Star TV because it most likely will be 30% more efficient
- Call Virginia Home Repair for professional TV installation
Call Virginia Home Repair today.
Our Virginia Green Handyman Energy Experts can help you SAVE Money by Going Green.